Robyn (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
BY VISITING THIS WEBSITE (THE “SITE”) YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND CONSENTING TO THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY (INCLUDING AS UPDATED OR AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME). IF, FOR ANY REASON, YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY, PLEASE STOP USING THE SITE IMMEDIATELY.
Who we are
Information we may collect from you
When you use the Site or contact us by e-mail, social media, SMS, telephone, or other methods, we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us, including:
- Forms filled out by you on the Site;
- Content of correspondence with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Site registration;
- Subscriptions or orders placed on the Site;
- Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site;
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey;
- Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs or images or comments.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time);
- Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites operated by Robyn Companies or the other services Robyn Companies provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, search information providers, credit reference agencies, third parties who enable sign on functionality and social network integration) and may receive information about you from them.
If you choose to use features on this Site or other Robyn websites that connect to your online profiles or social media accounts (“Connected Accounts”), we may collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Connected Accounts. For example, if you log in to our site using your Facebook account and choose to allow Facebook to share your profile with us, we may collect that information. Information we receive from Connected Accounts with your consent may include email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, posts or other social activity. Please review your Connected Account privacy settings to control what information is provided to us through this option.
How your information my be used
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us or through Connected Accounts.
We will use this information
- To help us respond to your queries;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To manage your access to the services;
- To allow you to interact with our Site, for example by posting comments;
- To allow you to share information from our Site on third party social media platforms;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them, if we have received your consent to do so;
- To provide or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies Policy);
- To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above;
Storage and Transfer of Data
The security of your personal information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You can log in to our Site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
This Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does Robyn knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent and in compliance with applicable laws.
Where applicable under local law, you may request a copy of the personal information held by Robyn about you and may ask about all recipients of the information, the purpose of the processing, request the correction of incorrect data, and request the blocking and deletion of such data by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. You also have the right, where provided under applicable law, to ask us not to process your personal data
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete or remove it by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us as described in the “Contact” section below.
Where provided under applicable law, you may have the right to ask us for a list of your personal data we share with third parties and information regarding those third parties, if the third parties use the personal data for their direct marketing purposes. We will seek your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below.
Links to Third Party websites
Our Site, our newsletters and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. You can find more information about the types of cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Type Cookie||Purpose of Cookie|
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies are essential in order to enable you to browse our Site and use its features. The information collected by these cookies relate to the operation of our Site, for example website scripting language and security tokens to maintain secure areas of our Site.|
|Performance / Analytics||These cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our Site, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at our Site. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our Site and never to identify you. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as Google Analytics.|
|Functionality||These cookies remember choices you make, for example the country you visit our Site from, your language and any changes you have made to text size or other parts of web pages that you can customise, in order to improve your experience of our Site and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.|
|Targeting or Advertising||These cookies collect information about your browsing habits and inferred interests in order to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert, as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit and this information is shared with third-party organisations, for example advertisers.|
|Social Media||These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our Site with social media organisations such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the privacy policies of these organisations for how their cookies work.|
- to collect anonymised data on users behaviour on the site. We may also capture what site a user has come from and what site they go to and also some demographic data (e.g. the user’s location) and we may use that data to analyse user behaviour across multiple sites;
- to categorise pools of users (on an anonymised basis) based on demographic and/or behavioural data and use this to,
- target our advertising to cookie-ed users on third party websites and Universal Music websites, and
- use that data to allow targeted third party advertising to categorised cookie-ed users either in respect of advertising placement Robyn has bought/placed and targeted to users on behalf of third parties or in respect of advertising bought/placed by third parties and targeted to cookie pools Robyn has “sold” to these third parties.
Some of our Sites may use Google AdSense to publish advertisements. When you view or click on an advert a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other websites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.
Our Sites may use specific Google Analytics features including remarketing (advertising our products to you after you have visited our Sites); demographics and interest reporting (obtaining general demographic and interest information from Google); and impression reporting (information on the impact of our advertisements). You may opt out of Google Analytics here.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, if you want to refuse or delete any cookies (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Please note you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our Site, including certain personalised features, if you delete or disable cookies.
For more information on managing cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org, or visit www.youronlinechoices.eu which has further information about behavioural advertising and online privacy.
We, or our third party partners, may employ a software technology called web beacons (also known as web bugs, clear gifs or pixels) which helps us understand what content is effective, for example by counting the number of users who have visited these pages. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to let us know when content is viewed. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. We, or our third party partners, may tie the information gathered by web beacons to the other information we collect about you.